Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Fortress of Solitude

I am at work, you know working, when the custodian comes in to take out my trash. This is our conversation:

S: There she is, all by herself in the corner.
L: Yep.

What I wanted to say, however, was this:

“Do you imagine I am unaware of how alone I am?? I am inordinately aware of my solitude seventy percent of each day. The other thirty percent I spend sleeping, and am therefore blissfully dreaming about NOT being alone. Can you see my left hand? No ring! I know I am alone and thank you for cheering me up on this dreary afternoon.”


There is a good chance I read too much into that. I may have serious problems.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

um.. possibly...

Leah said...

Meanie. I'm sticking my tongue out at you right now. :P

Meredith said...

if you did that to more guys you've have less alone time... just sayin'

Leah said...

Hahaha. I'll get right on top of that... so to speak. ;)