Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dear Homeless Romantic,

"Well, put on your patchy-stained jacket and gather ‘round the fire in the trashcan, Homeless Romantic., ‘cause the Rub [Doctor] is here to help!"

I’ve taken to napping in the student lounge on my lunch break. I’m pretty sure this means that I haven’t been sleeping enough lately. (What four hours of sleep a night isn't enough?) I didn’t really see this as a problem per se, until this afternoon’s conversation.

Student: You’ve been here all day!
Leah: Only since 9:00.
Student: Yeah, I saw you sleeping upstairs earlier.

For the record, I am not a homeless person. Sometimes I just fall asleep while reading. That’s not a crime, right? It looks like my one o’clock nap times will soon be coming to an end. It’s probably for the best; I always wake up so grumpy.

0 comments: