Friday, January 30, 2009

RIP Alex. :(

Oh, Alex…silly man…why oh why didn’t you see that enormous tree come crashing down on you before it was too late?! I remember the first time I saw you on McLeod’s Daughters. You were wearing your standard cowboy hat, and cutoff sleeved denim shirt (with that creepy little tattoo in full view). You were kinda sweaty (and not in a nice male way, more like an icky sweaty man way). What I’m trying to say is, your character initially repulsed me (and by “character” I mean your total package). When you got together with Tess I was completely disgusted, and wondered what she could possibly have seen you. Sure you were the size of a Titan, but you were also dumb as a post and repugnant. A few seasons went by, however, and you grew on me (although I still never found you attractive). I actually learned to love your character (I mean “character”). Alex, Alex, Alex…I’ll never again hear you say “Right-O” or “Alright”, never again see that confused, slightly dazed expression (I was never sure if that was a character trait or bad acting), and I’ll never see that dainty tattoo again. I mean, I’ll see (and hear) these in repeats, but it won’t be the same. I’ll always know that you were crushed by a tree (if you’d been smarter maybe you would have moved out of the way, hmmm?)

Rest in Peace, Alex…at least you’re with your long lost love, Claire, now. In retrospect I wish your brother Nick had been the one to die, not you (if only you had gotten the amnesia plot and not him). I’m sure if your adoptive father, Harry, were still around (if he hadn’t died by the murderous hands of his estranged second wife) he’d feel the same way. He always liked you best, too.

2 comments:

Elisa said...

What show is this?

Leah said...

An Australian drama called McLeod's Daughters. It is wildly entertaining, addicting and both cheesy and melodramatic.

Also, there are a few hunky Australian men on..MORE than enough reason to watch! ;D