Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Le Lettere Da Casa

Dearest Whitney-kins (Sorella Nelson),

The last week has brought about quite a few changes (like a flat tire, flooding, more neighbor parking problems and anger management issues). Goings are slow (and by “slow” I mean stagnant) and tiresome. Auditions for your replacement are not progressing as well as expected, and previous applicants have been dropped by the wayside. Sarah and I are forging friendships (very slowly though, so as not to disturb the natives) with limited success, and have done a fantastic job at alienating once favored individuals. Or are they alienating us this month? I can never keep track… Freak outs (not my own) are at maximum warp speed capacity and the engines “canna take it cap'n”. My engines, not theirs…well, maybe theirs. Patience is at an all time low, while aggravation and dejection have reached heights rivaled only by Mount Everest. No need to worry; these things generally fix themselves. Heart to heart discussions remain favorable (but you know I only remember the negative), and interesting insights have been brought to light. Psychic roommate predictions have actually come to pass (maybe I should listen when people say, “I don’t think you should worry”).

I trust you are well (adjusting to those skirts yet?) and have not been harassing the elders overly much. Just enough, right? Remember: do not overindulge in froot loops! Sean warned you what could happen. Quite graphically if I recall correctly. I have great faith in you (in your missionary service, your amazing capacity to accommodate to your surroundings, your marvelous compassion and love for your fellow women…and men I guess). I love you and miss you. Hopefully the intense pain (not unlike the sensation of being stabbed) caused by your absence will ease over time. Say hello to the owls for me.

Love,

Leah

p.s. Remind me to tell you about the dream I had. Weird stuff.

0 comments: