Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby!!

Dearest Hannah-kins,

Sixteen years ago today you were born (and thereby officially made my life complete). I am so proud to have you as a little sister; you are definitely my favorite person around!! That being said, I have compiled a list of the top ten best things about you. There are way more than ten fantastic things about you, but for the sake of time (and energy) I am only listing ten.

• You are unique. One might even say eccentric (in fact I believe I have on more than one occasion). You wouldn’t know how to be like every other unoriginal, obnoxious, one dimensional teenage girl if you tried. This is definitely a good thing! I love your ability to make something out of nothing. You see the potential in every situation and object. I don’t have that trait, and I kinda envy it.

• Your exceptional looks. Well, obviously! ;) Beauty clearly runs in the family.

• Your courage and optimism. I don’t think I know anyone as brave as you (child or adult). Your first sixteen years have been rough, but you handle it all!! I would have whined long ago about the unfairness of being sick and the constant hospital stays, but you hardly ever complain (about being sick that is..you complain about a lot of other things, hahaha). You spend your time pondering on the next happy event or cool toy/music/movie, and you catch everything life throws at you.

• Your height. Yes, you are tiny (we can’t deny that) but, how cool is that!! You’re pocket sized for our convenience! ;D Think of it this way: when you’re my age you can wear the highest heels around without having to worry about being taller than your date.

• Your teasability factor and good humor. I know what you’re thinking: you don’t have any good humor. Well that’s where you are wrong! Let me assure you that you are full of good humor!!! I enjoy teasing you above anyone else I know; you always have the best reactions, no matter how silly (or sometimes mischievous) my jokes can be. I also love how much you enjoy my teasing, while still occasionally getting mad at Anthony for saying the same thing. Hehe. That’s amazingly enjoyable!!!

• Your excellent taste. When I think about the possibility of being stuck with a bratty, Britney Spears listening, “Step it Up” watching, pre-teen book reading, spoiled little sister, I thank my lucky stars that I’m stuck (er, I mean “blessed”) with you. You are an amusing, sensitive, Bob Dylan listening, John Steinbeck reading, critically acclaimed film watching, and only sometimes spoiled cutie!

• Your intelligence. You are smart!! Outrageously so. Trust me; there is no way I could have a dumb sister. It’s just not possible. :D

• Your orneriness. You are not always in a pleasant mood (this really should not come as a surprise to you). Your cranky behavior is part of who you are. You need the spunkiness in order to get through all your trials. Even though it may occasionally cause a slight irritation with the rest of us, it’s part of who you are and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

• Your kindness, sensitivity and general loving behavior. You are a nice kid. Really, I mean it! You have everyone wrapped around your little finger (literally in Anthony’s case). You care about people, and no matter how many presents we all buy you, you remain one of the least spoiled kids I have ever met. I don’t know how that’s possible, but it is.

• Your adorableness. Seriously, you have to be the cutest person I have ever, or will ever, meet. Everyone says so. I even kinda like your Prednizone cheeks. I know I joke about them eating your face, but they really are cute and pinchable!

So, in a nutshell these are the top ten reasons why I love you (and why you are my favorite no matter what Sarah and Anthony say). And one more thing…our family would not be the same without you. My life would be incomplete without you. Knowing you and caring for you, have shaped the person I have become. Thank you for giving me perspective in my life, and (hopefully) providing me with a less selfish outlook. Thank you for being my sister.

What I’m trying to say, is that you complete me (I mean us).

Love,

Leah (your favorite sibling)

p.s. Cooper likes me more than you. ;P
p.p.s. I will kick your trash at bowling this evening. That’s a promise!
p.p.p.s. I’ll call you in five minutes…no, better yet you call me!!
















1 comments:

Queen of the Giggle Loop said...

#11 - Your freaky Lemur hands. (Leah, I think this should actually be number 1!)

#12 - Your bottom, which is the tiniest bottom that has ever existed.

#13 - The fact that I’m your favorite-no matter what Leah says!!