Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Were You Raised In A Barn?? No, Seriously…Were You??

Impoliteness and rudeness seem to be running rampant these days. Sometimes I’m amazed how many nosey, ill-mannered, offensive people I meet on a daily basis. I am not without my faults (if you know me I’m sure you’ll agree); in fact I’ve been called a bitch on more than one occasion…on quite a few occasions actually. I’m vain, I have a quick temper (more often than not I say hurtful things that I regret), I’m antisocial (bet you didn’t know that, did you ;D), rigid, prudish (sometimes) and I’m kind of a liar (or am I). But I am not rude on a daily basis. I am very polite, patient and reasonably friendly, mind my p’s and q’s, etc. Why doesn’t everyone else??

Just a few of the insults (and general rudeness) I have been treated to of late:

A vendor at work, butting into my business and trying to set me up with some forty-four year old slob. When he found out I was Mormon, he called me an old maid. If I were an “old” maid, I would still decline any sort of set up. I’d be much too busy having fun and living my life. (This full story is so personal and despicable that I really, really can’t include the good stuff.)

Rude, unpleasant women. (Me: Maybe she was just in a bad mood. Sarah: Is she in a bad mood every time we see her??)

Oh, and the staring….bitch put your eyes back in your head, sit back in your chair, and stop the looking. We’re hardly in competition.

Being told that “it’s a good thing there isn’t a stigma for being single and thirty.” Um, I’m not thirty and yeah….

Acting like I’m invisible. In person and electronically. (Oops, am I wearing my invisibility cloak today?? My bad…)

Being told I have “mousy brown hair” (Excuse me but my hairstylist Andrea told me I had blonde hair: “There aren’t twelve shades of brown. That’s like saying she (motioning to Sarah) has black hair. This color (pointing to her dyed ash blonde locks) is not natural. Only albinos have this color hair.) Thank you, Andrea!

Weirdness, rudeness and games played by the opposite sex that are both juvenile and incomprehensible. (I’m sorry, am I meant to be jealous??)

Failing to give me all the information/giving me incorrect information and then telling me you gave me the right info and not apologizing.

Not apologizing in general.

Being treated like the hired help (if the hired help had the mental age of a particularly dumb six year old).

Being subjected to your drama (my life is less than perfect, but I’m making the best of it).

A student telling me that he always wants to eat beef jerky after he dissects a cat (okay, not rude but so creepy and weird I had to include it).

Highlights of the week (i.e. things that are getting me through):

My new IKEA furniture (yay!!)

My new blonde highlights (I love balyage and its natural look).

Jousting in Walmart, acting really silly until Julie finally says, “You girls are crazy.”

Changing the radio station (the “smooth jazz” station is just about the WORST radio station in Seattle).

Dancing on Thursday and Friday, hiking on Saturday, WWII plane air shows, sunny weather (again), sailboats and firemen. :D

Hacking into Julie’s facebook profile and changing her status to read, “Julie Zohner loves Leah and Sarah!!! They are her besties!!!” Hahaha…

Wednesday emails from Whitney.

Moving someone for the seventh time this year, all by ourselves (i.e. just us girls) while singing “Sisters are doing it for themselves”. That’s right.

Remembering that things could get worse. (I have a job. Yay!!!)

3 comments:

Queen of the Giggle Loop said...

Hahaha! I love this!

How come there are so many people that "hate" us?

It totally took me a couple minutes to remember who we were talking about (Rude, unpleasant women). So funny, and true!

Allen said...

I wish to congratulate you on not stabbing any of these people.

ps I have always loved your hair.

Leah said...

The other day I helped a particularly unpleasant student, and after the encounter my coworker asked, "Do you ever wish that you could just stab someone with a pen?" Yes, yes I do.

Thanks Allen!