Friday, May 28, 2010

Talking points

MT: So...we might be getting t-shirts for the new Textbook Rental program...
ME: For us to wear?
MT: In theory...
ME: What if I get cold?
MT: Well, you'll just have to get a bigger size and wear a shirt underneath.
ME: That must be a joke, 'cause I'm not doing that.
MT: I think they say, "Rent Me".
ME: I'm not wearing that...
MT: Maybe they say, "Rent It"...
ME: You see how wearing a shirt that says "Rent Me" could cause problems, right?
MT: (laughs) C'mon...it'll be a nice talking point. (laughs again) Oh God, I hope it says "Rent It".

MT: Don't go out there.
ME: What?
MT: That strangely androgynous guy has been talking to Ruth for about twenty minutes.
ME: Oh...thanks for telling me!

(five minutes later...)

ME: Mark, that was a woman...
MT: STRANGELY ANDROGYNOUS!!! See??

3 comments:

R* said...

rent me.... ride the south lake union trolley.... do people just not really think, or brainstorm with people (like me) who have a dirty mind or what?!

Wren/Karen said...

Oh Leah, this just sounds bad.

Leah said...

...and this is my life, lol. ;)