Thursday, May 28, 2009

That One Time I Looked Up From My Borscht to Find Lenin Staring Back At Me

This weekend was jam packed. The sun shone. The sky was clear. I attempted to get a tan not once, but twice (unsuccessfully), purchased some smoked fish at the Market (yes, my fridge still smells of fish), got free Jambas (I enjoy living off of other people’s glory), went dancing, shopped for clothes at H & M and of course frequented my (new) favorite eastern European Deli/Market. Oh yes. This was the best moment of the weekend (this should be obvious to you). Not only did I enjoy browsing through a veritable jungle of pickled mushrooms, cucumbers (the generic “pickle” to the unfamiliar), and eggplant, but I came face to face with a rather large painting of Lenin. There I was: browsing, smelling some lovely borscht and BAM! Lenin. For the less intelligent folk out there (or just ignorant beyond all reason), I am referring to Vladimir Lenin (the first head of the Soviet State circa 1917) not John Lennon (the Beatle). The painting looked a little something like this:



Only a little less brooding and constipated. A kinder, happier Lenin.


On a completely unrelated note…I just purchased this:



The Kodak Zi6 Pocket Camcorder (in black, thank you very much). With this new gadget I will be able to record Sarah learning how to fly fish, hiking, playing, laughing, etc. Get ready for A LOT of Sarah footage, that’s all I’m saying.

(The disembodied voice in the background, however, will be mine.)

1 comments:

Queen of the Giggle Loop said...

We all have memories of a happier, kinder Lenin!

BTW, that's my new favorite store, I want to go there every weekend!

P.S. - I want to do some camcording....like now!