Thursday, May 21, 2009

I Won’t Be Buying Milk in Lewistown

We’re trekking over to Montana in a few weeks to visit Julie (Hi Julie!), and I decided to google the town (pictures etc) for a little sneak peek. I discovered that Lewistown is pretty cute!

Exhibit A



Exhibit B



Exhibit C



A few of our planned adventures include:

Floating down the river.
Hiking.
Fly fishing.
Chatting.
Probably watching a few episodes of Psych.
Going to church (still a little grumpy about this. I'm only agreeing to Sacrament meeting ;D).
Going out to dinner.
Meeting people I've been hearing so much about.
Taking lots of pictures (I'm even going to bring my really, really nice camera)!
Giggling (yes, this is a planned "adventure").

A few things I've learned about Lewistown from Julie:

They only have one grocery store (Albertsons)and their milk is really expensive (and expires quickly).
There is a statistical possibility that I'll either have a baby or an appendectomy while I'm there.
Someone might ask me/assume I am pregnant.
They have a great Gelato shop. Interesting, yes? The population is just over 5000.

A few things I want to do while there:

Shear a sheep (yes, shear a sheep).
See a cute cowboy (just to look at...I don't need to touch one).
Try on Cowboy boots (er, cowgirl boots).
Shock some Lewistownians by wearing a bikini while floating down the river.
Bar hopping (haha) in Lewistown or Billings (oh we're gonna get our dance on...yeah).
Reenact this photograph:



(Julie, do you know where we can find a horse and a gun?)

And (last but not least) locate and high five the creator of this sign:




Montana here we come! :D

4 comments:

Queen of the Giggle Loop said...

Oh my goodness I’m SO excited.

Well, I’ve already had an appendectomy, so baby time here we come! We should just tell people we’re pregnant; I might invest in an artificial belly (a la Baby Mama) and wash down my Twinkies with some Red Bull and Coke…gross. [Bitch, I don’t know your life!]

I don’t know about you, but I plan on shocking the town by floating down the river nude…much more shocking than in a bikini and better tan lines too. ;D

I like how you only want to see a cute cowboy…none of that messy human contact for you-huh?

Oh, and faux western style picture taking (of the vintage variety) will be a must on this vacation. Do you think Julie can get her hands on some chaps?

Two weeks until we have fun Montana adventures!!! Yay!!! :D

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Leah said...

I’m not going out dancing with you if you wear an artificial baby bump. You think about that. :D

I didn’t think about the tan lines; good call! Something to keep in mind…

I like human contact plenty (obviously). I can’t respond to this in a public forum. ;)

WESTERN STYLE PICTURES? CHAPS??? Holy shit…I didn’t even think of that!!!! Awesome.

(You don’t think Julie would rescind her invitation, right? :D)

Queen of the Giggle Loop said...

No, she loves us!!! She thinks we're crazy, but it's still love!

Amy Smith-- The Bride :D said...

I love this post. I hope it was as much fun as you planned. I want to hear all about it soon. :D