Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lake Serene


Beautiful, yes? My only regret - that the clouds obscured our view of Mt. Index. Oh, and this:


The last mile had me saying, "Damn, that's a lot of rocks" and "Oooooh those rocks are slippery" and also, "Death by impalement sounds painful" but mostly on the way down. I've discovered that I'm much more of a wimp hiking down, than up; mostly 'cause I'm so afraid of falling. Luckily, I only fell once (yay me!) and not hard.

The fabulous views more than made up for the twenty-three switchbacks (that Cher meticulously counted) and two thousand foot elevation gain. Here we are at the lake:






On the way back we decided to take the mile long detour to Bridal Veil Falls (totally worth it). See!


I would definitely recommend this hike. A little challenging at places (um, did I mention all those rocks?), but extremely rewarding. Overall, a fantastic Saturday!

0 comments: